Long Term Goals

Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday...you know, Hampster Day.

Thursday I went for my allergy re-test and fill.  I'm really glad that I took the day off because it was a rough day and I was pretty cranky.  My allergy test was in the morning.  They prick you on your back in around 40 different places and they all contain different allergens. 

My results were almost the same as the were 5 years ago.  At first I was disappointed, but my doctor explained that it was not completely abnormal.  When I started years ago, I was getting worse and worse, but over the years, I have gotten better.  The hope would be that A. they are on their way back down and B. my symptoms are controlled and that is the biggest issue anyway.

If I can keep from getting sick on a regular basis (I was averaging sinus infections every 6-8 weeks), then that is all I need.  I had a really bad one back in September when I went to Chicago.  After that, I started using a Nettie Pot and I haven't gotten one since.  That is almost 4 MONTHS...I will take it!!

In the afternoon, I went for my fill.  They gave me another 2 tenths.  I was happy with that and liquids went through the rest of the day with no problem. 

Friday I was still a little cranky because I was on liquids, but I made it through!  Saturday was better.  I went to a training program at church in the morning.  I'm going to start the nursing home ministry at my church this year.  It is a big commitment, but I'm really hoping to bring joy to people and I'm excited.

Saturday evening I went to church and then went over to BFF's to watch some Downton Abby.  We are both on Season 2.  On Sunday, I slept in which was nice.  Then that afternoon I headed to Dallas to join BFF and some other friends for dinner and the Maverick's game.  Jazzercise was doing a dance there.  I have done it the last couple of years, but I sat out this year and just watched.  They did a great job!

Today I'm back at work and I'm back in the groove.  I had a shake for breakfast.  At lunch I did my running program and I'm thrilled to say that I finished today's planned run!  Basically it was run three minutes and walk one minute, seven times.  While I have "ran" up to 40 minutes in the past, it was at a very slow pace.  I'm trying to increase my pace to 5 mph.  I was able to keep that pace and I couldn't be happier.

I'm supposed to do 4 minutes of running with 1 minute walking rests (six times) on Wednesday and Thursday.  I have no idea how I'm going to do that seeing as I felt like I was going to pass out on my last couple rounds of 3 minutes today.  But I will try and I will keep trying until I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hero! So interesting about the Netty Pot. I have heard some people swear by them! Hope the fill goes well for you. I was trying to increase my run speed and ended up hurting me knee. It's all crunchy now. Be careful please! /hugs

    ReplyDelete