Long Term Goals

Monday, January 7, 2013

I did it!

I'm going to call the weekend a success!!!

Friday I went to the Chinese Lantern Festival with BFF and ShareBear.  We had a very nice time even if I thought it was a little overpriced.  Afterward we went to Company Cafe which is one of our favorite restaurants and I had loaded sweet potato fries.  I also had a beer.  Except for the one beer, that was the plan.

Saturday I got up and went to Jazzercise for the first time in several months.  I was scared because I feel out of shape and I thought it would be awful.  It was actually quite awesome and I had a great time.  Not only could I do the class, I did almost all high impact and I used 10 pound weights.  Woohoo!  The Jazzercise 2 day sale is going on this week, so I signed up.  I may not go all the time, but I think the price is worth it to be able to go when I want to go.  Especially on weekends...

After Jazzercise, I did some chores and errands and caught up on some more TV.  In the late afternoon BFF and I went to see Silver Linings Playbook.  Fantastic!!  Loved it!  Also, the biggest surprise of all was that I did not have any popcorn at all!!

After the movie, we were supposed to go to PF Changs and I had planned out what to eat.  Well, the wait was over an hour and we were hungry.  So we ended up going to Esparza's mexican restaurant.  I will say that I did not eat as healthy as I had originally anticipated, but I did make choices that I wouldn't normally make and I still feel that I did well.

Sunday we went to church and had breakfast out as planned.  After breakfast, I did some errands and then I had a choice to make.  I needed to take down my Christmas tree, but I also was scheduled to run that day.  I decided that I live alone and my tree could stay up for months without anyone but BFF knowing about it, so I ran.  And I'm so glad I did!!

That night I grilled steaks and roasted root vegetables both for the first time.  It was the most yummy meal and BFF loved it too! 

This morning I woke up 3.2 pounds lighter from my "restart" on 01/02/13.  That feels really good and motivates me to have another great week!

Today I was scheduled to run at lunch.  Godmother is doing it with me and she wanted to back out today.  I encouraged her that she would feel better if she did it and got her to go.  We were both glad to get it done!

I do have a bit of upsetting news.  My sleep apnea appears to be back.  It is distressing that I gained enough weight for it to be a factor.  I had given my tonsilectomy too much credit.  It is nice to know that hard work really does pay off and I know I will lose the weight to make it better.  I think I only need to lose about 10-15 pounds to make it go away.  I can do that!  In fact, my hope is to 40 pounds this year.  It will take a lot of work and focus, but there isn't any reason I can't get it done.

6 comments:

  1. I never doubted you for a moment. You are such a superstar and you can do anything you put your mind to. xx

    Big A2 email coming soon but have tons to catch up on first, sorry. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm talking about. Winning!!! All day everyday!!! Keep up the good work.

    I signed up to run a race. Ha...I guess I should start running too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to restarting and accountability! We can do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you!!!!! Especially for the eating out on Saturday evening. I know how tough that can be and it sounds like you made it through like a champ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled that I know who you are now and that you are BACK. I seriously missed you.

    I'm doing yoga this year, but giving Crossfit some serious contemplation as a coworker does crossfit and loves it too.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are kicking your restart!!!! nice job!

    ReplyDelete