Long Term Goals

Monday, January 14, 2013

Getting back on the Hampster Wheel

It is Monday morning and because I wasn't obsessive about everything over the weekend, I did not have a good morning on the scale.  Last week, I have four AMAZINGLY perfect days.  I ate perfectly and I worked out every day.  Stellar!

But then the weekend came along.  I feel like I was okay on Friday.  I worked out.  I ate very well for breakfast and lunch.  For dinner, I splurged a little but it was Mediterranean food and not really heavy.  I did have a few drinks though which are empty calories.

On the balance side, I had fun Friday night and I don't think I would have changed a single thing.

Saturday and Sunday, I didn't work out at all and I made not-so-stellar food choices.  In a quest for balance, let's assess, shall we?

While I am fine with my choices on Friday, I'm not fine with my choices for Saturday and Sunday.  I know that not ever weekend will give me an opportunity to eat well and exercise, but I should take advantage when I can.  I didn't work out either day because I was lazy.  There was ample time both days.

But for argument's sake, let's say that I couldn't work out.  I could have made better food choices.  Bad choices:
  • Saturday dinner - healthy option, too big of a portion.
  • Too many drinks Saturday night.
  • Sunday breakfast - not a healthy option, too big of a portion.
  • Sunday dinner - healthy option, too big of a portion.
I'm not telling myself that I need to eat grilled chicken and veggies for every meal, but there are opportunities to pick low hanging fruit here.  I did NOT need to go back for more on Saturday and I should have had half my portion on Sunday.  I think it is clear that I need a fill. ******

****  I literally just took a break to go schedule a fill.  If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do this.  Unfortunately, I got voicemail, so hopefully she calls back soon.

On a positive note, I'm really glad that I'm working out so regularly.  I'm going to attempt to run today, but if my shins bother me AT ALL, back to the elliptical I go. 

Taking a break from health & fitness, my life was pretty great this weekend.  I enjoyed time with my friends on Friday and had a lovely lazy day on Saturday.  Yesterday I saw Zero Dark Thirty and really enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Promised Land on Saturday, I liked it very well. I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend. I've been reading about this 80/20 theory. It basically says that during active weight loss, 80% of your formula has to be nutrition. Only 20% of your weight loss comes from exercise. Then when you reach your goals, it literally flip flops that 80% of how you look is your fitness and only 20% is your nutrition. Probably explains why I've maintained so well this year. My eating has been for crap for the most part, where my fitness is on point most days of the week. : )

    ReplyDelete