Long Term Goals

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ultimately Fine

I'm feeling SO good today!

First, I'm wearing an outfit from the archives and it must look good because people keep telling me how nice I look.  Well, either that or it's bad and they just don't know what else to say.  Ha!

I was going to let you be the judge, but for some reason, I can't upload pictures today.  Weird.

Anyway, this is a super happy day.  First, my beautiful friend Ronnie got engaged and that is just fantastic.  I love that she is so happy!

Second, I had a great weigh in day today.  I decided that Mondays just didn't work for my weigh in day.  I'm always bloated from the weekend and I can't get a good read on things, so I have changed it to Wednesday.  I can do whatever I want, right?

It works out because I started this latest adventure on a Wednesday anyway, 1/02.  I'm thrilled to say by 1/09, I was down 4.4 pounds.  Today...I'm down another 2.6 pounds.  I couldn't be more proud. 

I will say that it has been truly difficult.  I'm hungry most all of the time and it feels like old school dieting.  I have a fill scheduled on 1/24 to help curb my hunger so I can focus on portion control.  I don't want much, just a tweak so my stomach isn't growling after only an hour after eating. 

I decided that I was stressing myself out about CrossFit, so I put it on hold for February.  My plan is to continue with what I'm doing until March and then reevaluate.  I just don't want to mess with the success I have going.  I realize that it has only been two weeks, and there is a LONG way to go.  But, honestly, this is the best I have done in a really long time and I'm happy and proud.

I do the aerobic workouts on the elliptical.  So, it goes like this:
  • 2 min - regular pace
  • 1 min - focus on pushing arms
  • 1 min - focus on pulling arms
  • 1 min - sprint
  • 1 min - keep between 2-3 mph (which is hard to do after sprinting!)
  • 2 min - lower body only
  • 2 min - go in reverse
That is a 10 minute rotation, so if I go thirty-five minutes, I have three rounds of that and a five minute cool down.  When I first started, I was do level 1 or 2...maybe 3 if I was feeling sassy, and never really get over 6 mph, even in my sprints.  Yesterday, I did the first round at level 8, second round at level 9, and third round at level 10.  I was able to get over 10 mph in my first round sprint.  My goal is when I get to a 10 mph sprint at a level, I will move up.  So, today, I'm going to start at a level 9 and hope that I get to a 10 mph sprint.  I have no idea how many level there are.  I just need a goal.  :-)

Hope hot gym guy is down there again today.  He helps the time go a little faster!!

No comments:

Post a Comment