Long Term Goals

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm scared of the weekend...

Monday through Friday my life is very routine.  With that routine, I have a lot of control.  I drink coffee when I get to work and eat my breakfast at my desk sometime later...maybe around 9:30.  Right now I'm working out at lunch, so I eat at my desk when I'm done with that. 

Typically, I have my snack(s) in the afternoon and I leave the office around 5:30pm depending on the day.  I eat my dinner when I get home, then if I'm hungry, have a snack.  I'm in bed by 10:00pm typically.

The weekends are a whole different story.  I do something different every weekend and there is no real structure.  I tend to go out more.  I tend to drink more.  I tend to find myself spoon deep in a jar of Nutella.  You know...things like that.

I would like to have a good and healthy weekend.  Here is my plan:

Friday
Breakfast - Fresh Diet delivery
Lunch - Fresh Diet delivery
Snack - Fresh Diet delivery
Dinner - We are going to a function after work and then dinner after that.  We are going what I affectionally call a hippy restaurant, but basically it is organic farm-to-table and lots of gluten free options for BFF.  I always get the sweet potato fries there as my meal.  Obviously it is no Fresh Diet meal, but it is still a decent option and it makes me feel like I'm having the most amazing treat.

Saturday
Breakfast - Fresh Diet Delivery
Lunch - Fresh Diet Delivery
Snack - This is the tough part.  I'm going to a movie.  I typically go to the movies to get movie theater buttered popcorn.  I love it.  I usually get a medium and eat most of it.  I know.  It's sick.  However, my goal is to eat a Fresh Diet snack before I go and try to do without.  I don't like "regular" popcorn enough to bring my own.  I guess maybe I could find another munchie snack to take, but really I don't think my issue is having to eat during the movie.  I just love the popcorn.  **Challenge Alert**
Dinner - Fresh Diet Delivery

Sunday
Breakfast - we always go out for Sunday breakfast, but I can make a healthy option. 
Lunch - The Fresh Diet item I don't eat on Friday.
Snack - I don't think I will need one.
Dinner - I'm going to grill steaks and roast root veggies.  Should be a tasty and healthy option.

Okay.  So I have a plan.  Now I just need to do it!

On the fitness front, I walked for 35 minutes today which was what program called for.  It is back to running/walking tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it. You've always been so strong and now you have a kick ass plan. I can't wait to hear how you get on! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be around all weekend. Text me when you feel weak, or even just to check in. That is why I am here <3 You will do great, I have a feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a plan. You know what you can accomplish with a plan. You got this. Don't let any negative thoughts enter you mind. Your a Hoosier for goodness sake. We are natural born winners!!!

    ReplyDelete