Long Term Goals

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Something New

Work has been more stressful lately and I have allowed myself to use that as an excuse to not do what I am supposed to be doing.  I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost anything either.

So, I decided to give Weight Watchers a try.  I'm not sure what makes me think I will do better at that than I do at My Fitness Pal or with my Fitbit.  But I want to try.

Today was a VERY successful day. 

Nutrition - I tracked my food and counted my points.  My goal was to use only my daily allotted points and not dig into my weekly extra or activity points.  I was close.  I went one over, but that isn't so bad. 

Activity - I was back on my C25K program.  I tried the last couple of days, but I was unable to work out at lunch and I just wasn't very successful at running after work.  I walked instead which was the best compromise I could find.  But today I was back at it at lunch and I attempted 5 minute intervals.

I got through my first three 5 minute intervals, but when I got to the fourth, I couldn't do the whole thing without slowing down.  So, I broke them up into 2.5, 2 & 1 minute intervals.  But I kept up the pace for all of the runs.  I'm going to give it another attempt tomorrow and see if I can stretch it out more. 

Water - I drank at least 8 cups today.

I think my hunger was at a very acceptable level.  I just have to keep myself accountable.  I'm unhappy with myself physically and the only person that can do a thing about that is me. 



1 comment:

  1. I love that you are trying WW. I'm going to do that too. Do you have any plans for telling the others at the meeting about your band? I was going to start WW this week, but got sick and just couldn't make it out so I'm going next Monday night. Let me know how you're doing on it, I just felt that the weekly weigh in accountability and the informational meetings might make it easier for me. How this differs from MFP and weekly weigh in accountability on my blog...not sure. But sometimes different is helpful you know?

    ReplyDelete