Long Term Goals

Friday, December 28, 2012

Starting Over

After I had Lap Band surgery, I started a blog and posted openly and honestly about my experiences.  It was my favorite outlet to work out my thoughts and my friends and family had a window into my experiences.  However, one day, someone read something that I wrote and got upset and it took the fun out of blogging, so I quit.

But I miss it and I need it, so I'm back. 

In my first year after surgery, I lost about 85 pounds.  In the second year, I lost another 10 pounds.  In the third year, I had plastic surgery to get rid of extra skin and to fix some saggy parts...  During that process and subsequently, I have gained back about 25 pounds.

It is time to get back to bidness.  My plan for 2013:

  1. Food - in January, I will eat food delivered by a healthy delivery service.
  2. Work out - I will CrossFit 3x per week.
  3. Running - this is a separate on from working out, becase I would like to get back to running.  I want to run a 5K next Labor Day and a 10K next December.  It might be aggressive, but what the hell, right?
I'm looking forward to 2013 and getting back on the quest to better myself.  I will give myself some kudos for 2012 because a couple of weeks ago, I had the first "normal" labs of my entire adult life.  No cholesterol issues.  No sugar issues.  No deficiences...nothing!  That is a huge deal.  Now that I'm healthy, it is time to get more vain.  :-)

I don't have any specific weight goals, really.  Although, I do want to get back to where I was.  That is the initial goal.  I know that running will get me there even though I hate it.  The first step is to get started which won't happen until the new year.

Wednesday, January 2nd, I plan to CrossFit and walk.  Thursday I will start my new running program.

Blogger, it is so good to see you.  I missed you!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're back to blogging!!! You're doing great and that is a great plan for this upcoming year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us evaluate WHY you "hate" running. I remember when you were running before and while you hated it in the beginning, once you got going you told me you rather enjoyed it. So maybe it is just the starting up process you aren't fond of. I know that is my issue with exercise. Once I get 'up and going' with a routine, I always feel better physically, mentally and emotionally.

    Plus we aren't being negative in 2013 ... remember?!?!?!? :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I'm not sure what idiot made you feel bad about anything you said...but they are just that an idiot!! (sorry for the negativity.)

    I'm glad you are back to blogging. I've miss you. I know that you will be a success Beth. Never give up and keep going. You got this girly!! Much love!

    ReplyDelete